To be eligible for The Academy for Student Athlete Development (ASAD), a student athlete must be currently participating at the provincial or national levels of competition in their respective sport or be identified as having the potential to do so.
Any student-athletes from Durham Region or London, Ontario are asked to complete and submit the 2023-2024 Application Form via the online form linked below:
2023-2024 ASAD Application form Instructions:
New applicants will need to click “Register Now” and then choose “Create an account and register” to access the application form.
Application deadline is February 10th, 2023
Please find a check list below with all the application requirements:
- Student Athlete/Parent-Guardian Information Athletic (Primary sport and competition level)
- Short Answer Questions
- Reference Letter Note, applicants are unable to save work and return to this form. Therefore, it is suggested they draft their responses ahead of time and then submit once ready.
Note: applicants are unable to save work and return to this form. Therefore, it is suggested they draft their responses ahead of time and then submit once ready.
- If components of the application are incomplete or missing, the application will not be reviewed.
- The student’s responses will help us to assess their eligibility for the program
- We ask that all applicants be thoughtful and truthful in their responses
- Completion and submission of an Application Form does not guarantee acceptance
We are doing our best on our end to ensure our process is accessible and inclusive. If anyone has any specific accommodation needs they would like to request that would help during the application process, please let us know.
Once the application period closes, the ASAD Review Panel will review all submitted applications. All applicants will be contacted with the results of the panel review. You can expect to be notified of the panel’s decision in mid March.
Along with the ASAD Offer Letter, we will confirm the fees of the program for the 2023-2024 School Year. Successful applicants will have the opportunity at that time to either accept or deny the offer.
If you have any questions regarding the process, please do not hesitate to reach out to Angela Feurstein at ASADadmissions@abilitiescentre.org.