Focusing on improving quality of life by positively impacting health & wellbeing, social inclusion and economic participation for persons of all ages and abilities, Abilities Centre delivers programs and services in the areas of education, employment, sport, recreation & leisure, research and life skills.
- Over 1.3 billion people globally live with a disability
- Over 6.2 million Canadians identified as living with a disability that caused pain or impaired their mobility, vision, hearing or cognition. That’s almost a quarter of the total population in Canada
- Persons with disabilities and their families have spending power of over $8 trillion globally, and over $50 billion in Canada - What exactly does this mean? I took it from our website, but I think it is a confusing statement.
- Yet only 4% of businesses are focused on making offerings inclusive of disability
- It is time we acknowledged and leveraged the talent, skills and diversity of our disability community in the creation of fully accessible and inclusive communities that break down barriers and support every individual in realizing their full potential
- We are more than a space that serves people with disabilities. We are an inclusive space for people of all aspects of diverse life such as Black, Indigenous, Person of Colour, LGBTQIA2S+, people with disabilities and able-bodied
Natasha Fieldman, Director Revenue Development
Find more ways to give