Living with a Disability During COVID-19?
The COVID-19 Disability Survey is a special initiative to record the experiences, concerns and needs of people with disabilities during the COVID-19 outbreak and recovery period.
The survey’s findings will provide important information to help communities ensure that COVID-19 response strategies meet the needs of people of all abilities.
Abilities Centre reports are formatted for accessibility and inclusion. We are currently working on publishing the French and ASL version of the new report. To receive updates on the latest versions check back here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Read past reports:
COVID-19 Disability Survey
ENQUÊTE SUR LA COVID-19
COVID-19 Disability Survey- Plain Language
COVID-19 Disability Survey- ASL
How It Works
- Adults who identify as having a disability (or having a child or family member living with a disability in your household) may sign up to participate in a 20-minute survey to voice the unique experiences, concerns and needs of navigating the COVID-19 pandemic while living with a disability (such as a physical, cognitive, or sensory disability).
- New surveys will be sent periodically for participants to provide real-time updates on their needs and experiences.
- Survey findings will be posted on this website to help support government, community organizations, and service providers in responding to the needs.
How You Can Help
- Do you or does a member of your family identify as an individual living with a disability of any kind? Take the survey in English. Répondre à l’enquête en français.
- Share this website with your community and help us address the needs and concerns of individuals with disabilities in the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Promote the survey on social media. Please note that if you promote the survey via social media, you will be publicly identified with the COVID-19 Disability Survey.
Have a question about the survey? Please call Meagan O’Neill at 1-866-639-1858.
Have a question or another idea to support this initiative? Contact us at email@example.com or at 1-866-639-1858.
About Abilities Centre
One of the only organizations in Canada with a comprehensive approach to inclusion and accessibility, Abilities Centre strives to make communities more accessible and inclusive to increase quality of life for every individual and enable them to participate fully in community and economic life.
As a community hub, living lab and inclusion incubator, Abilities Centre engages individuals and communities in programs, leads research and advocacy on inclusion issues, and develops innovative frameworks for programs that are replicable, scalable and customizable to the needs of local communities in Durham Region and across Ontario and Canada.
Learn more at www.abilitiescentre.org.
About Canadian Disability Participation Project (CDPP)
The Canadian Disability Participation Project (CDPP) is an alliance of university, public, private and government sector partners working together to enhance community participation among Canadians with physical disabilities.
Learn more at www.cdpp.ca.
Voir l’Enquête sur l’impact de la COVID-19 sur les personnes handicapées: Le Projet Accès.