Following today's announcement from the Government of Ontario
, we would like to confirm that Durham Region and Abilities Centre are not directly impacted by the latest restrictions. Under the guidance of the province and Durham Regional Health, we are continuing to operate on our regular schedule. We recognize this status could be subject to change at short notice, and we will communicate any developments with you immediately.
We understand these times and announcements in the media can leave us feeling uneasy and often anxious. We want to reassure our members, visitors and staff that health and safety remains our number one priority.
The following guidelines in our facility will continue:
- Enhanced cleaning throughout the building
- Physical distancing between equipment, during classes and at workspaces
- Masks worn by members and staff in ALL public areas
- Enhanced screening and sign in and sign out processes on ipads
- Showers and water fountains are not in service due to COVID-19 but the water filling station is open
- Member court bookings must be from the same household and address
-Maximum capacity identified for each program, classes and within the Fieldhouse.
- Pre-registration is mandatory
Some of our facility highlights include:
- Plexiglass shields at front desk, check in desk, weight room (HUR) as well as mobile shields during instructional activities.
- Signage of various prints and sizes to display COVID-19 physical distancing in all areas
- Large print wayfinding arrows in program rooms, lobby, and hallways
- Hand sanitizers available throughout the facility
Please note we are continuously monitoring the situation and may implement additional protocols to ensure the health and safety of our guests.
For more details, please visit our FAQ: https://abilitiescentre.org/news/covid-19-faq