There's something for everyone here at Abilities Centre — Whitby's newest state-of-the-art, fully-accessible community centre!
Inside Abilities Centre, you'll have access to a range of inclusive sports, fitness, arts and life skills programs, classes and workshops. Designed for people of all ages and abilities, we'll help you find the class and activity that's right for you.
Become a member of Abilities Centre today, and join a vibrant, inclusive community that embraces people of all ages and abilities!
Click here to view our Membership Information brochure (PDF)
Have more questions? Give us a call at 905-665-8500 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FULL FACILITY MEMBERSHIPS
Annual Memberships (12 months)
Pay in full and save!
Adult (22+ years) Annual $576 / Monthly $50
Couple (2 adults, 19-59 years) Annual $996 / Monthly $86
Family (1-2 adults and 1-3 youth/children ages 3-19 years) Annual $1,092 / Monthly $96
Senior (60+ years) Annual $456 / Monthly $39
Senior Couple (60+years) Annual $804 / Monthly $69
Young Adult (16-21 years) Annual $384 / Monthly $33
Youth/Child (6-15 years*) Annual $336 / Monthly $29
Pre-School (2-5 years) Annual $204 / Monthly $18
- Pre-school memberships must be purchased with an adult membership.
- All Annual Memberships are subject to a one-time Building Fee of $85.00.
- Monthly rates are based on unlimited use of the facility.
- All fees are exclusive of HST.
- Single day guest passes are available for $12 per day.
- Monthly payment plans are available for all full facility memberships. We also have 3 and 6-month memberships available - ask our Welcome Desk for more information!
- *No HST for youth memberships, ages 6-14 years.
Short-Term Memberships (12 months)
Adult (22+ years) 3 Month $184.50 / 6 Month $369
Couple (2 adults, 19-59 years) 3 Month $292.50 / 6 Month $585
Family (1-2 adults and 1-3 youth/children ages 3-19 years) 3 Month $322.65 / 6 Month $645.306
Senior (60+ years) 3 Month $153.50 / 6 Month $307
Senior Couple (60+years) 3 Month $243 / 6 Month $486
Young Adult (16-21 years) 3 Month $135 / 6 Month $270
Youth/Child (6-15 years*) 3 Month $122.70 / 6 Month $245.50
MEMBERSHIP ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (MAP)
At Abilities Centre, we believe in encouraging and embracing an inclusive environment for people of all ages and abilities. While we expect those who can afford to pay for a full membership to do so, we also understand that others may experience financial barriers affecting their ability to join the Centre. We welcome anyone experiencing financial hardship to apply for membership through our Membership Assistance Program. In order to qualify for membership assistance, each applicant will be asked to provide documentation so that a financial assessment can be done to determine eligibility. Since each person's financial circumstances are unique, every application will be reviewed individually and a determination of eligibility will be made from the facts provided.
If you’re interested in learning more about our MAP, click here to view our Membership Assistance Brochure.
Certified Personal Training
Our personal trainers are certified fitness professionals who will keep you educated, accountable and motivated each time you meet them.
FREE Fitness Assessment
With an Abilities Centre membership, you’ll receive a complimentary fitness assessment. During this assessment, we'll introduce you to our state-of-the-art equipment and amenities, discuss your personal goals and exercise history, and learn more about you.
Abilities Centre membership payments are applied monthly. One year from the day you start as a member, your membership is automatically renewed. You do have the option of ending your contract at any time as long as you provide proper notification to our Membership Department per the terms stated in the contract. Buy a Membership Now!
Benefits of Membership
- complimentary Fitness Assessment
- access to group fitness classes
- Certified, professionally trained staff (they're friendly too!)
- reduced rates on rental spaces, special programs and signature events
- VIP invitation to networking and educational sessions
- front-of-the-line volunteer opportunities
- updates on the latest in research news, developments and programs